Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For....You WILL Get It & Then Some

A few months ago, I was driving to work and I decided to have a little chat with God. Don't worry. I'm not here to convert or otherwise. I'm painting a picture. So, in this little chat with God, I asked for some volunteer opportunities to come my way.

Boy, oh, boy did a few show up. First, an opportunity I couldn't refuse showed up to join the Gardena Elks Lodge (yes, I AM under the age of 70) and put my IT skills to good use with a lot of flexibility for my schedule.

The second opportunity showed up in the form of an all-day volunteer opportunity this Friday through work where I'll be possibly painting, landscaping or whatever else is needed.

I am so very grateful to have these opportunities. I believe that if one is fortunate in life that you have a responsibility to give back. Let's just say that I'll be a bit more clear in what I ask for.

Now challenge you. Get out there and give back. Don't know what to do? Well, ask. Ask God or Allah or Muhammad or Buddha or the universe or fate or whatever to send you inspiration.

Just be ready to be blown away on what shows up.

Oh and God, if you're listening, I'm good for volunteer opportunities...for now.

No comments: