Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Commercial Break Game

I love my DVR. I love design shows on HGTV even more. Unfortunately, I found that I was spending more time watching design shows than tending to the my home. The joy I felt seeing the breathtaking reveals was clouded by guilt for not folding my clean laundry or neglecting the stack, ok stacks, of paperwork.

The past week the guilt has lessened and things are actually getting done since I started playing the "Commercial Break Game."

When the commercials start, I stop my show (who watches live TV these days?) and let the Coffehouse Rock channel play in the back ground while I get a load of laundry started or unload the dishwasher or file a few papers etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

I return to my show for more design eye candy feeling a little less guilty and a bit more proud.

Commercials start, the game begins again.

Now you try it. Share, in the comments, your experience playing the Commercial Break Game.

No comments: