Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

February "Cure" - Lessons Learned

After amazing results of participating in the Apartment Therapy January Cure I was so excited to create a February "Cure" of my own to keep up the momentum.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the same level of results in February that I did in January.

Instead of beating myself up for "failing" to complete every task, I took inspiration from the HBR (Harvard Business Review) article, "A Simple Ritual for Harried Managers (and Popes)" and reviewed what worked and what didn't work.

What worked:
  • Leveraging the project list I created during the "January Cure" saved me from coming up with something new.
  • Sharing the project list on the blog gave me a bit of accountability.
What didn't work:
  • Scheduling/planning too many projects.
  • Not scheduling enough time for projects (many items take more than 1 day)
  • Not having a "plan B" for when life shows up.
Now, the planning of my April "Cure" will be far more effective using the lessons learned above.

Do you debrief yourself after a project succeeds or fails? Share in the comments below.

No comments: