Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Is Your Passion? And What Are You Doing About It?

It's funny how "life" gets in the way of "best laid plans."

Weeks ago, I "pledged" to participate in the "Self Reliance" writing challenge to do daily blog posts or Tweets based on daily prompts: (http://ralphwaldoemerson.me/prompts)

Today, is the second time I've made a blog entry in this 30-day challenge. Instead of beating myself up for "failing" to do the challenge 100% I'm moving forward and writing anyway.

Today's prompt gives the reader the challenge to think about your #1 passion and then do something related to that passion every day. Dance is my numero uno passion. What is so exciting is that when I've looked at the past week or even the past few months, I've already incorporated more dance into my life thanks to a wonderful series of seemingly random events.

Back in May of 2011, I began teaching line dancing at the Gardena Elks Lodge on Tuesday nights. My students are wonderful and I'm having a blast teaching and finding fun new line dances to teach. Did you know there is a line dance called the Sanctified Slide? Check out my "Line Dancing" page on my blog for more details on this dance and many more.

2 weeks ago I "thought outside of the box" and discovered the excellent Zumba class schedule at the Gold's Gym in Hawthorne. The wonderful staff at my home gym in downtown Long Beach hooked me up and I can attend these classes after work when I can't make it on time to a Zumba class at my home gym.

The line dance classes and Zumba classes take care of dancing a few days a week. The bigger challenge for me is how I will incorporate dance into every day. It will be fun figuring out how to get creative with this.

Do you have any ideas? Comment them below. I'd love to hear them.

And more importantly, what are you doing every day with your passion? Share that as well.

No comments: