Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Being a Blogger & Learning to Type

I've started and stopped this blog with the high expectations of "being a blogger." I always typed ideas and thoughts and would occasionally post a blog entry.

Seth Godin, author of Lynchpin and other excellent books, plainly said that if you want to be a blogger then write everyday, no matter how good or bad.

This reminds me of when I was going to learn to type. I didn't go to typing class in school but I had gotten my hands on a typewriting class book. I started following the lessons one day at a time. My dad walked in on one of my lessons and asked what I was doing. After I told him I was learning to type he looked at the book And said, "This doesn't have real words."

He left the room and returned with my favorite magazine. I asked what was going on. He asked, "How do you think secretaries become good at typing documents? They type real words all the time"

So here I am typing real words in a real blog.

No comments: