I am fortunately not suffering from a cold. I'm suffering from a serious case of the "I don't cares." You see, I am a member of Weight Watchers and after just over 3 years I haven't yet hit my goal weight. I've successfully lost 56.6 pounds and I'm currently 15 pounds away from my goal, this ever elusive goal. Last year, in June, I was 6.6 pounds away. SIX POUNDS people! We are talking single digits here. Since that time, I've gone up and down and up and down and currently up.
Just like a cold, there really isn't a cure for the IDCs. With a cold, you can pick up over-the-counter meds to treat the symptoms but you have to let the cold run its course. Sometimes you can shorten the length of the cold but you still have the cold.
With IDCs, you can't buy anything over the counter to treat the symptoms. Now, some would argue that alcohol might help but a hangover with IDCs is not a pretty combination.
Possible "treatments" for IDCs are:
- Read inspirational quotes. (Pinterest has loads.)
- Talk it out with a trusted friend or family member.
- Remind yourself of how far you have come.
- Create a plan of action to get your head back in the game.
- Go for a hard workout and leave it all on the floor or take it out on the machines.
Sometimes the best treatment to kick IDCs (or a cold) can be the simplest: go to bed and sleep it off.