Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Unexpected "Ah Ha" Moment While Gushing About Cooking Shows

Today, at a work event, we were sharing about a recent TV viewing experience. I was gushing about how much I love cooking shows and that my current favorites are

Tricia Yearwood's Southern Kitchen

The Pioneeer Woman

I then found myself sharing that I love watching these shows because I don't have a lot of time to cook in my schedule. By watching these shows I am living vicariously through them as they cook amazingly yummy looking food.

Then the "Ah Ha" moment struck. I realized that I watch 1 or 2 recorded episodes a night which accounts for 20-40 minutes of my evening. If I took back that 20-40 minutes, I could actually do some cooking in my own kitchen. Go figure???!!!

Or, even more importantly, I could actually meditate as I have been trying to do ever since I started reading Search Inside Yourself through my Virtualy Book Club at work. I finished reading the book last night and I haven't been able to make a meditatino practice stick.

Tricia and Ree will have to say in the DVR the rest of this week. I'm going to cook and meditate. 

And I'm going to keep talking. Wonder what else will reveal itself.



No comments: