Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Culinary Challenge - Homemade Ice Cream - Check!

Holday weekends bring an opportunity to try something new and this one is no different.

Today, I finally took on homemade ice cream. I say,"finally" because I purchased the Kitchen Aid ice cream accessory years ago. And, it has been in my freezer for years.

While at Trader Joe's today, I pulled up this Martha Stewart custard vanilla ice cream base recipe:


And, I proceeded to fill the cart with the needed ingredients.

After lunch, I got started and all went well. Below is the base chilling.


As the ice cream was churning I was dreaming of the add-ins...chocolate, peanut butter more....


I split the ice cream into 3 containers: 2 plain and one with dark chocolate chunks and peanut butter and got them into he freezer.

A few hours later we dove in. Still a little soft but oh so tasty.


Are you taking on any culinary challenges this weekend? 

No comments: