Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Is All You Need

 "Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love" are the opening lyrics to The Beetles song, All You Need Is Love. It's a great song, especially the version done in the movie, Love Actually.


Even before I received romantic-relationship love, I had (and thankfully still have) all sorts of love around me: the love of my family, the love of my friends and, on occasion, I even loved myself.

Sadly, loving myself was and is a lot less frequent than the other love I receive. Why do I have to be my own worst critic? It's a bit crazy because I am with myself all of the time. Why shouldn't I love the one I'm with even if it's with myself? (Hah! Another song lyric reference: Luther Vandros's "Love the one you're with" totally unplanned but a happy surprise.)

So this Valentine's Day and each day after, I will strive to live this wonderful quote from Oscar Wilde, 

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."



No comments: