Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Don't Forget The Baby Steps

I've bought a bike. I'm so very excited for many reasons. Along with that excitement was a bit of stress. I worried about riding my bike in traffic and what are the least stressful routes to hit my desired destinations in my home town.

It wasn't until last week that I realized that I can actually take "baby steps" in my new bicycle adventure. I can start on the bike path until I gain a good comfort level with my bike. I can then take short rides on the dedicated bike paths in my home town during early/off hours. There are also group rides I can join to take advantage of the knowledge of experienced bicyclists. Then I can slowly add rides during more and more busy street hours.

By realizing that I can take "baby steps" I experienced a great reduction of stress and am excited to start riding my new bike.

Whatever you are facing, remember the take baby steps.

No comments: