Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Letting My Inner Food Snob Call the Shot

I have the great fortune (or danger) of working where food trucks come every day. It's only for employees so the wait for a really good food truck is only about 20 minutes instead of 1 hour.

Today I tried Barbie's Q food truck. I ordered their cheesy grits in hopes of finding a west coast substitute for the AMAZING cheesy grits my sister-in-law serves from Switchin Kitchens in Charlotte, NC (http://switchinkitchens.com/).

I took the container of cheesy goodness to my desk only to have my excitement drop to massive disappointment when I took off the cover and saw what I thought were lumps. I stirred around and yes, they were lumpy. I tried a bite and the flavor was bland. I let my inner food snob out and I immediately threw the rest away.

Life is too short for bad grits.

No comments: