Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekday TV "Fasting" for Lent

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!!!

Although today's theme is gluttony and excess, I've finally figured out what I am going to give up for Lent. I'll save everyone the religious connotations of giving up something and or taking on a discipline for 40 days and 40 nights. You can visit Wikipedia to learn more.

I and using the framework of Lent as a tool to break out of usual habit as well as personal spiritual exploration. I'll only be sharing the "habit breaking" portion of this "program." Besides, the creation of a new habit only takes 21 days.

So, for the next 40 days and 40 nights, I will not be watching TV programs on weekdays.

Yes, I do have a DVR so I could catch up on weekends. However, my weekends are pretty full with weekend fun so I will have to be selective in what I want to watch during my precious weekend time. Also, the programs that remain on my DVR on Easter Sunday will tell me a lot about what is important.

What are you giving up and or taking on for Lent?

No comments: